Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our weekend! Well... Our weekend was nice and peaceful. Lots of time to relax, and nap! I got a nap both Saturday and Sunday while Corbin was napping. We were able to get the house all cleaned up today and had CARE group tonight.

I guess I will go over the highlights of the weekend for my blog today. I think that is what I will start to do every Sunday. Let's see... I will tell you my top 5 highlights of the weekend every Sunday, starting today. Here it goes (in order of when it happened):

1) Friday night Softball- I already blogged about this so I won't spend too much time on it, but our league started this past Friday and we won one and lost one. The one we lost (I was already home with a sleeping Corbin) was still a close game, so I think that our team stands a chance this season. Good stuff!

2)Dinner with Rachel, Matt, Jessica, Clynt and Corbin on Saturday night. Rachel and Matt cooked up some great filet mignon and potatoes and we all hung out and watched Blind Side. It has been nice spending more time with Rachel and getting to see Jessica a little more. I have fun with old friends come back into my life. There are so many memories that pop up! For instance, Jessica and I roomed together for our soccer camp at Arkansas University (I think that is what the school is called... it was the home of the Razorbacks). She had this crazy alarm that you recorded your own voice on and we recorded "Wake Up! Your room is on FIRE"... We were losers, but the point that I am trying to make is that there are so many memories that you dont think about until you reunite with old friends! I love it! So, that was a great night :)

3) Clynt invited the couple across the street to church today, and THEY CAME! We were so excited and I was so so proud of Clynt for inviting them. They really seemed to enjoy themselves, and said that they will be back for Easter. It is such a blessing to have a hubby that wants to share his love for Christ with others! Have I bragged about him lately? :) He is wonderful! It was also very nice to spend a little bit of time with our neighbors, I had never really met them until today, so that was really nice all the way around.

4) Cleaning the house and Sunday naps- Okay so that is kind of two things, but if I wouldnt have gotten a Sunday nap, I probably wouldnt have cleaned the house! lol. I was able to nap about an hour and then clean the kitchen a little, dust, pick up toys and then Clynt was able to vacuum. I am excited that I will soon have much more time to spend cleaning up the house and doing it more on a regular basis so that it doesnt get overwhelming. Our house is never a complete disaster (well other than Corbin's toys) but I never have the time to do the nitty gritty stuff, so I shall soon have a little more time! :)

5) Our CARE group study. It was nice to meet after a couple of weeks off, and the study was an AWESOME one at that. It was about being a stay at home mom and the influence that we have on our kids. Which, as you all know made me feel wonderful since we are making a big sacrifice in losing my income. It is all totally worth it and this study really made it feel even more "right". Me and another mom in our group are both having our last day of work this week. Well, she is going to go down to one day a week, but still pretty much staying at home. We are both soo sooo excited and feel so blessed to be able to have this opportunity. Wonderful!

Okay, well that was my five favorite things about this weekend.... and tomorrow is my LAST Monday of work! wooooo hoooo!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment