Friday, July 16, 2010

Caring so much more for Corbin....

It is so weird how nutty I am about everything that Corbin does, eats, sees, etc. I have such high standard for Corbin and go out of my way to make sure that those things happen, but when it comes to me and Clynt, I could care less!

For instance, Corbin ONLY drink Organic milk (or at least that is all I purchase for him), however if Clynt is on a cereal kick and is drinking milk like crazy then I will buy 2 things of milk, one Organic for Corbin and 1 regular for Clynt. It is not that I care any less about Clynt than I do Corbin, but I feel so much more responsible for Corbin's health in the future. Kids are hitting puberty much earlier and many diseases are attacking people much more frequently and I honestly believe that much of it has to do with what is going into our bodies. Milk cows are given so so many hormones and chemicals to make sure that they are producing enough milk to supply people with and so on. Their was much less leniency with this when our parents and grandparents were little. I dont want to get into a debate on what goes on with animals that we eat and drink from, however I am just so fearful of giving Corbin anything that could be dangerous to his little body. And it is really weird how I place the same importance on Clynt and I's health.

Before Corbin came, I NEVER in my right mind thought that I would want to breast feed, or make any of the more natural choices with him. I was all about convenience then. But when I was pregnant with him and felt a human life inside me, I knew that I ONLY wanted the best for him. How selfish of me would it be to not sacrifice for my son, when I knew that I was capable of doing so much for him. So when he came, I had latching problems with him and I ended up pumping, and giving him my milk. Believe it or not, i did this for 6 months. I would spend so many nights in tears because it was SOOOO much work! It was like breast feeding and bottle feeding in one. I had to pump, and then give him a bottle. So each time he ate, it would take at least an hour to make it all happen and then another little while to clean bottles and all that jazz. It was crazy, but every time I wanted to quit, I thought about how much it meant to his little body. I did this till he was 6 months old, and even then I cried like a baby when I quit, because I felt like I was still being selfish. Now, I made huge sacrifices to do this, and if I am busy and I dont feeling like cooking dinner for Clynt and I, I will just order take out... I dont make near the sacrifices for us.

For Corbin's baby food, I made EVERY single bit of it home made and for the most part used organic veggies. I was so afraid of all the chemicals in store bought food, that I would stay up at night (after working full time) and make his baby food. I NEVER gave him a lick of sugar until his first birthday, and I mean I was an overall protective (and caring) mother.

I have slacked off a little bit, but I still dont give him juice (even though clynt and I are addicted to soft drinks), I make sure he is at the dentist every 6 months (even though we are lucky to get there every year), I use his own high chair at restaurants to avoid the germs in other high chairs, and I order special chemical free sunscreen online (and I have Clynt and I use and aerosol with TONS of chemicals in it!

These are just some of the things that I notice my self doing for Corbin and I often times just sit and laugh because it is humorous to me how much strain I put on myself to make sure things are perfect for Corbin, yet I don't give near that much attention to Clynt and I! I suppose I am just one of "those" moms and I am sure I always will be.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment