Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mini Trip

We went to Navasota to see Clynt's mom and step-dad this weekend. On Friday we got up there and went to get lunch and then we went into College Station to look at a few things. It is really weird going to College Station. I lived their for about 6 months while in my first semester of school. Considering those were the wildest 6 months of my life, the places that I remember while we are driving through the city are quite strange and even somewhat of a blur. However I do remember where I used to work and where my best friend lived and so on. It is quite interesting.

Anyhow, we ended up going back to their property and then going to get something to eat. They are in the process of building a house on their property and so they have 2 travel trailers and we stay in open of those, so the environment isnt necessarily the most conducive for nap times for Corbin. So, he didnt nap much, other than in the car, for 2 days. He did SOOO good though. I was very happy with him. He LVES being there because their is soooo much room for him to run free and explore, which is his favorite thing to do. he LOVE riding on all the toys and all that stuff. It is sooo fun to see the things he remembers. I just love watching him. We havent been out there in about a month and yet the second we get their he walks to the safe that all the keys are in and he drags your arm and points to the Gator. It is crazy!

Saturday we went to Lake Sumerville and went out on their boat. We had fun, but we are burnt. Clynt and I both decided that we are not really the water type. We had fun for a day, but I dont think that we would ever want to be out on a boat for days at a time in the TX heat. When we are at the Lake in Minnesota we LOVE it, but it is not the scortching heat that it is here, and when you are on a boat there is no where to go to cool down! So, we had fun. Corbin had fun when he was in the water, which is one of his other favorite things in the world to do. So all went well. We then went and got some wood for Clynt to help them do a little project and by the time he was done and we got cleaned up and ready to go it was 10:30! And then we had to still drive home. So we didnt get home last night until about mid-night and then I had to get up and go to work at the church this morning. Talk about tired!

Now, I am just relaxing while my boys are at the Astros game with my family =) We have our CARE group at our house tonight at 5, so we are looking forward to that. I am excited to see everyone.

And on one final note- Our friend's son, Asher, got through his surgery well. He is still in the PICU and then will be in the hospital for a few days following that, so they continue to need prayers, but now they are on their road to recovery. Thanks for all of you who prayed for our friends. I know they were heard!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment