Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our trip to Alabama

Last Tuesday night, Clynt's first cousin was killed in a car accident. We don't know any details as to what happened, because they are waiting on the autopsy results, but we do know that he was taken to a better place. He was 40 years old and had a 10 year old son. Clynt knew him while growing up in Alabama, but he was really Clynt's older brother's age. I met him last year while we were in Alabama. So, we found out on Wednesday what had happened. We packed our stuff and headed out on Thursday night. I HATE driving through the night, but it is much more comfortable for Corbin, so that is what we do. Corbin was an excellent sleeper and we made it to Alabama on Friday morning.

If you don't know about Clynt's family, here is a little family info. Clynt is the baby of 6. He has 3 brother, and 2 sisters. His 2 oldest brothers live in Alabama, his oldest sister lives in Arizona, and his youngest brother and sister both live here in Houston. So when we go to Alabama, we get to spend time with 2 of his brothers, sister-in-laws and 4 of our nieces. So that part is good. We had a wonderful time visiting with everyone. We saw MANY cousins, aunts and uncles, and his Grandpa and his wife. I was able to meet may people that I had never before and Clynt was able to just see many people that he hasnt seen in a really long time. So for the social aspect of the trip, it was wonderful.

However, their was a 10 year old little boy without his father. I was absolutely heart broken to watch this little boy sit and stare at his daddy in his casket. It is sooo sad. I don't think that I have ever been to a funeral with a little kid who had lost a parent, and I hope that I never have to again. If you have an opportunity to say a prayer for this little boy, please do. His name was Hank, and Hank was a precious little guy. Please also say one for the comfort of Wes's (the cousin that dies) mom. I cannot imagine out living my son, so I can only dream of what she must being going through. The whole situation was just so sad, but I know that God has his plan, even when we don't understand why it is.

Thanks for all of your prayers!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Deana...Clynt and Corbin are so lucky to have such a sweet,loving and Godly lady in their life! Just wanted you to know...love, Aunt Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you'll come back up here in for better circumstances. I do feel awful for Hank as well. Ben wants to help him as much as he can. He wants to write him letters and what not. I bet if we all can do that it might make him feel a bit better. Not much, but a bit.

    ReplyDelete