Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Clean

Does anyone else haveintense anxiety when everything is dirty? I would not by any stretch consider myself the cleanest person around, however when my house and car are dirty I feel like my life is in shambles! I have little kids so the reality is that there will be toys thrown across the floor in every direction, and there are often time Cheerios in corners and my car has snacks and toys everywhere. My friends and I talk often about how before we had kids, we swore that would never be the case. Ha!

But, even though these things happen often, it still makes me cringe! When I see milk spots on my cabinets, I want to cry. When I see dirt all over my baseboards, I want to curl up in a ball, and when I see Cheerios stopped on in my car, I just want to go buy a new one and never see this one again. However, obviously none of that will do me any good. So I clean, clean, and clean some more. With two kids running behind me continuing to make a mess, sometimes the deep stuff just doesn't have time to get done. So I am blessed enough to have a husband who understands (and quite honestly can't stand any kind of mess), so he lets me have a once a month cleaning lady. She is able to do the stuff that I simply cannot get to on a daily or weekly basis. This very much helps in the anxiety so that my baseboards, bathrooms, cabinets and stairs stay clean.

However it is only once a month, and I the mean time, it takes a toll on me to keep the house how Clynt an I like it. It's not just about Having a clean house it's about the fact that we are both just more happy and relaxed when things stay done. So, I clean (or pick up) stuff a lot. I'm also quick to throw stuff away when it isn't used in a while so that we don't have stuff collect. If we don't collect stuff there is less stuff to clean. Which helps a lot! Another thing I try to do to keep stuff easy is that I pick up several times a day in order to keep from having a huge mess at any one point.

Do you have tips for keeping things easy to clean??

No comments:

Post a Comment