Thursday, October 25, 2012

Helping others

I posted a story from this morning on FB and within an hour had over 30 likes. The story was simply that I went to sonic this morning (like every morning). The person in the intercom told me to hold on a second. I held on for about 8 minutes and drove away. I thought that was weird and ridiculous. About 15 minutes later when I got to the galleria area to meet Clynt for lunch, there was a homeless man. Something just told me to give that man the $2 that i did not spend at sonic to the man for lunch. It was most definitely a God thing. He knew what the plan was when I was ignored at sonic!

Sometimes it is so hard to forgot about the fact that a lot of panhandlers are frauds and it is even more difficult to give away hard earned money to people that, we assume, aren't even trying. However, I often times have to remind myself that it is not for us to judge. We are just supposed to love like God loves us. Do we deserve everything Christ has done for us? Absolutely not!

John 15:12 ESV
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

Helping people is not just about giving money to homeless people. It's about doing things just because for people. For friends, family, strangers and anyone. Helping is a lot of things. Just going out of your way for people. Cooking meals, praying for people, watching people's kids, going grocery shopping, taking someone out to eat, really ANYTHING that has you go out of you way to do something that someone else needs or even just wants.

Help people, love people, and treat people right. If we all did good for each other, wouldn't this world run a whole lot more smoothly?

No comments:

Post a Comment