Saturday, October 20, 2012

Jumping away!

At tumbling, jumping is one of Corbin's favorite things to do, and it really helps wear off some of that energy that he has oh so very much of. He loves jumping and to be quite honest (and without going into it too much) he NEEDS to spend time each day jumping, among other things. Clynt and I both agree that large trampolines are dangerous and the amount of people that breaks things on trampolines is crazy. So we decided to buy a smaller version of a large trampoline. It is only about 18 inches off the ground and really can only hold 2-3 kids inside it and the netting around it is very secure also.

It says it is for ages 3-10 so I think it will last a while. I know Corbin is going to love it, so I'm excited for it to be put together today for him to juMp on. Garrett, I'm sure, will get lots of use out of this thing and now that its fall we hope to get lots of outdoor time.

Although, (on a side not) we are considering getting rid of the pool table in our game room and turning that space into a big kids gym (maybe rock wall, trapeze bar, trampoline, etc). It's just a fun thought we are throwing around bc that space is huge and we don't use the pool table at all so if we take it out, we want to fill the space with lots of fun stuff for the boys to do (and with no electronics, for now!). There will be a time for a pool table and videos game but for now lots of opportunities to exercise and wear off energy seems like such a better idea!

Anyways here is a picture of our news outdoor toy! :).

3 comments:

  1. I love that you don't want to fill the room with electronics! And the trampoline looks awesome! I can't wait to hear how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH... and what brand is it? I would like to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its from sam's. Its called 'My First Trampoline-88" I think. You can google that it will come up.. Its very reasonable, and I think it will be very safe. =)

    ReplyDelete