Monday, October 1, 2012

My dear in-laws

So I'm on a role of writing posts about important people in my life. I've done my husband, parents, sister, and now I was thinking of who else to do. Being that I married a baby of 6, I have lots of in-laws, and by lots, I means lots. I have 5 brother in laws, and 5 sister in laws. On top of those, I have 5 step in law siblings. And then there are many many nieces and nephews in all that, and clynt has a step dad and a step mom also. So, that's a lot of people, right? It would take weeks to write about all these people. So I'm going to write about some of the ones who, in the past year, have been beyond helpful and supportive to me and my guys.

I'll start with my mother in law. And I'll start by saying that one of my favorite things about her is her husband. These two people are amazing. These are two people that would give us the world. They have the most giving hearts, and they love me and my boys and treat me as much of a child as they do clynt. And that is something that is worth a million dollars. Pam and I could sit and talk for hours about nothings, and that is such an amazing thing.  And Steve is so helpful with major decisions that we face.  He thinks of everything from a perspective that is just spot on.  I don't think I could have asked for better in laws. Hands down amazing.

My Sister in law, Stephanie. Now, let me say that this relationship has been rocky, at best, in the past. I can say that I have spent more time in tears over not understanding why things were the way they were with her than maybe any other person I know. However, God can work miracles and this relationship was one of them. It went from terrible to great just over the past few months. It was a gradual thing, but I can honestly now say that she is one of my best friends. I can talk to her about anything and she understands so much about my life because she married into the same family I did. She will drop anything and come check on my kids if I need her and she will call to check on me and the boys anytime that the slightest thing is wrong. She lives 2 miles from me and i know that if something were to happen in the middle of the night she would be here in a heart beat. She has become very dear to me and I love and appreciate her very much.

My sister in law, angie. She has always been supportive of me and was there when I even picked up my wedding gown. She loved me unconditionally from day one and for that I will forever be grateful. She is a positive person that I never hear say a negative word about anyone (which is a trait that I want!). She loves my boys and me and that's all I can ask for! :)

Clynt's dad and step-mom charlye just moved back from Australia and are very good people also. They would do anything in the world for my kids. Clynt's dad loves clynt very very much and only wants the best for him, which is great. Charlye is a very sweet lady and I find her abilities to cook and take care of life amazing. She can juggle all of their doctor's appts, unpacking (from a different country), cooking, cleaning, babysitting grand kids, and so so much. I admire that so much and hope I can cook desserts like her one day too! ;)

I appreciate more people than this in Clynt's family, but I haven't been able to get to know a lot of my in-laws because they live out of town. Clynt's brother and his wife and kids just moved here from alabama and I am feeling so blessed to get to know them. They are major family people and I love that so so much!!

I have married into a fun and interesting family and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have met some amazing people and so so so look forward to many many more years to learn more about everyone in the family. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment