Sunday, August 29, 2010

5 Favorites of the weekend

I had a nice weekend, with nothing too exciting happening, so this should be pretty simple!!

My five favorite things from the weekend:

1) The farmer's market with my mom, Corbin, Michael, and Kelsey (our niece). The farmer's market was FULL of fresh stuff this week and it was HOT. We went to the Bayou City Farmer's Market because it is bigger and I knew I needed quite a bit of stuff. I got potatoes, tomatoes, spring lettuce, salsa, goat cheese, a cucumber, and Im sure their more, but that's all I feel like typing because Im tired. The market has soooo much beautiful, wonderful scented, perfectly ripe, delicious fruit and veggies to choose from and the best part is that it is locally grown and organic. I LOVE IT!

2) Having our niece for a night. It was nice to just have one of the kiddos because we were able to just chill and chit-chat. She said she had a good time and we did too. We sure do love those little ones.

3) The library- I havent taken Corbin to the library all that much up until this point, other than to story time. So we just went and picked out books to read and he had so much fun just laying down in the bright and bold chairs and reading his little books. He is SUCH a cutie!!

4) Watching our East Campus grow. At church today we had over 800 people at our East campus alone. It is so amazing that I was involved and on staff to open the church campus at the Y and now we are in this nice BEAUTIFUL, spunky building and we have gotten to be a part of all of it. It is just awesome!! I LOVE watching how God can truly change lives and make things happen. It is incredible!!

5) CARE group leadership rally. 2 times a year the church holds a function to help train and love on CARE group leaders. This time we had an extra special part, where they had filmed one of the couple in our group about how much their group surrounded them in prayer, meals, friendship, and more during a time when they were in a lot of need. Many people kept coming up and letting us know how touched they were. I was in tears, and all I can say is that is what this is all about. Yes we do bible studies and yes we meet once a week to go over the study, but we fellowship, pray with each other, and make friends. It is so incredible that this whole group (even our newest couple) CARES so so much for each other. I have been so amazed. So, just watching that video and watching pastors talk about how to be better leaders was my favorite part of the weekend. It was amazing and God really spoke a TON to me.

Blog out!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment