Friday, August 6, 2010

Play Dates

I am loving spending so much time with Corbin! It is wonderful. However, I am really missing grown up time and spending time talking with people about normal things. This week we had a play date with a good friend and her son who is Corbin's age, so that was really nice. But this week really just hit me how much I need my friends and time with them. I really need time to get stuff of my chest, to get out of the house, and to laugh and smile. I found myself getting "blue" this week and feeling un-loved by the world, since Iw as not out in it. So, I am on a mission to have at least 2 play dates a week, sign up for class of some sort for Corbin, and just spend more time with friends in the afternoons when other people are off of work. I need a little time out every once in awhile to stay sane.

If you are a stay at home mom, and you want someone to have a play date with, send me a message or text or something and we will plan to get together. Also, if you have any ideas for what to do with a toddler that is entertaining for him, let me know that too. I notice that I spend a ton of time trying to figure out what to do with him. I LOVE to get him and I out of the house and for him to have some social time also, but we are so limited on the things that we can do because he is just a toddler and so many of the kids places are more for 3+. We go to Chuckee Cheese sometimes but he doesnt know how to play many of the games, we went to Main Event the other day and it was WAY over his head, and we go to the Jumpin Jungle, which is fun but he likes the big slides and stuff so I have to take him to the top for the most part. All of these places we manage to have fun at, but it is a lot of work for Mommy to keep him entertained. We do like and have fun at Story Time in Friendswood (but they dont do it in August), the Children's Museum (but it gets expensive), Chick Fil-e (but it gets so packed that it gets hard for Corbin to play), and I think that is pretty much it. So any suggestions would be awesome! =)

This week was just a hard week for me. I really try to stay positive and happy, but this week I realized how much I really need my friends to laugh with and pray with to stay up beat and feel encouraged.

Love you guys!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment