Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Clynt seems way too busy for me!

Clynt started looking for the truck of his dreams (in our budget!) several weeks back. Now, he was very picky about the truck that he wanted. He wanted a Ford F250 or F350, Diesel, 4X4, not lifted, and 4 doors. The 4 doors thing was the only thing that I cared about, because the extended cab thing was such a PAIN with Corbin. The only draw back he had in finding what he wanted was that we were paying cash, and he had a limited budget he could spend. So the search started.

When he started looking, he started test driving trucks after work at least a couple days a week. Well, that wouldn't put him home until 6:30 or 7 and most of the time Corbin and I would have already eaten. Well then the day comes with a deal that we can't beat. So he spends several days going back and forth to the truck, and the going to get it inspected to make sure that nothing major was wrong with it. This truck had been stolen before so their were some things missing, so Clynt negotiated with the guy and and was going to replace everything that was missing and we were still going to pay LESS than what he was asking. The inspection showed a few little things that were wrong with it, so Clynt got the guy to repair some of them and others Clynt was going to have to do. So it was a deal. He got his dream truck! I was really happy for him. But NOW, he is spending every waking second working on it. He is a VERY meticulous person and wants to replace and update like everything on this truck!! That is great in the terms of I know it will last forever and I know he is capable of doing all of the maintenance himself, in which case it is not costing us a fortune. BUT- I miss my husband!!!

For 2 weeks he spend the nights looking for trucks and now he is spending all that time working on the one he bought!! I wish he would spend that time with us. Last night I took Corbin out to the garage to tell Clynt good night, and I was waiting on Clynt to finish up what he was doing and Clynt got upset with me because we were "watching over him and he was uncomfortable!". I dont like fighting so I just went inside, but Corbin to bed and stayed inside the rest of the night. Clynt then tells me today that he is taking me to dinner because he feels bad. At least he knows when he does something wrong. I really love that about Clynt. And I think he ended up staying up until like 2am to finish up so that he can be done with some stuff for a while.

I love that man, but I MISS him!!!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you feel like that. You're not the only one who misses their husband. At least yours is doing something productive!I think Clynt needs to hang out with Ryan and give him a few pointers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be alright. :D Enjoy your dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete