Friday, August 27, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Grocery shopping is one of my most hated things to do. Even though I absolutely dread making that trip, I must! I LOVE to cook, so that means.... you guessed it... I have to have food! When I was working, I would go during my lunch hour and bring the food back up to my office and put it in the refrigerator if it needed to be cold. This was how I would avoid some of those very much hated lines. And now that I am staying at home with Corbin, I am still able to do that. We go in the morning when Corbin is in a good mood. But that brings a while mew aspect to grocery shopping...

THE KID! Today, Corbin was riding in the front of one of those very cool car carts, and he saw those wonderful, beautiful, yellow fruits that we call bananas. He saw them as I was standing these getting some from the other container. I started pushing the cart and Corbin nearly fell out. I looked down and there he was almost completely out of the cart with a banana oh so close to his little hand. I am not the mom to give in to her child for a little fit, so we moved on about our business and he did not get to have a banana in the store. But about 2 minutes later I was walking towards the organic section and a little old lady in front of me JUMPED out of the way. I had nearly run into her!! I felt sooo bad. Evidentally I am not so good at driving those very clever car carts around. I had NO idea how long the darn thing was. So, we just about ran over grandma, i apologized, and we moved out of the cold section of the store.

Because I am a very scatter brained person, we end up going around the store 3 times. But we end up getting everything that we need. And we go to the line. I have a very hard time resisting magazines, candy, and anything in the impulse section of the line. But I was pretty good (calorie wise any ways) and I only got a couple of packages of blueberry muffin minis for me to have breakfast for the next couple of mornings.

So we are home and the little man is snoozing for a little while now and all the groceries are put up. Now it's laundry time!

Blog out!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment