Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My 100th blog post!

WOW! Their were so so many days that I didn't think that I would get past 5 blog posts. Blogging is a whole different world to get involved in. I dont think that I have a great blog or anything, but it still requires thinking and recording things in your everyday life. Most of the things are not things that you would normally write in a baby book or tell your mom or husband about. In fact, often times my husband finds things out by reading my blog. Some of the stuff is just that insignificant, but it is my life.

When I started this blog, Corbin was 10.5 months old and now he is 20!! So I have been doing this for a little over 9 months. Some of those month, I probably only did 1 or 2 posts. I was lazy, and I still am often times, but I am trying to do better! I started this blog simply because I loved reading a friend of mine's, Amanda, blog. She would just blog about her life. She has a little boy that is only about 2 months older than Corbin, and I had not seen her since I was in probably 9th grade. We played year around traveling soccer when we were growing up and we were very close friends. So when I found her, or she found me, on MySpace (and now just Facebook), I was really interested in what was going on in her life. She lives in Austin, but now we get to see eachother every couple of months. Her blog really drew us together.

We have A LOT of family that live all around the country so I thought that if I could feel connected to someone I havent talked to in so many years, than our families could feel connected to our lives even though they live so far away. And it has done that and so much more. Recently, we went to a very sad funeral in Alabama. We were able to see a ton of Clynt's family that I have never met and soooo many of them came up to me and said "Hey Deana, I feel like I already know you! I read your blog!". It was so cool. Since then, I have really tried to be a little more regular about updating. I just loved that we already felt like family from just one simple time of meeting. That's awesome!

Well, I hope to have the Ten on Tuesday questions later and I will post that tonight.. I just want to give a little blog history for you since this is a landmark blog!

Blog out!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment