Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This morning Corbin and I went to Chick-Fil-A to play in the toddler area and to attend their weekly story time. They have a great little story time for little kiddos 3 and under, although most of the them are at least 2, so they are much more interactive in the story than Corbin is, but Corbin is getting more and more into story times.

When we got there, we walked into the toddler area and their was a little boy (probably 3 or 4) in their PUNCHING another kid in the FACE. It was absolutely horrible!! Another mom went up to him and said "no hitting", and the kid went on about their business. If you have ever been to Chick-Fil-A during the day, you would know that many people go their for play dates and they sit in the eating area and let their kids run free in the play room. Well, today was no different. This little boy's mom was out in the lobby not paying a dime of attention to her little boy. So a couple more minutes go by, and I look over and the same kid pushed another kid and then started punching him in the face also. It was insane. I have never in my life seen a kid that young actually punch little a grown man. This kid was swing away with a fist and everything. At that point, I ran out of patience for the mother of this kid so I went out and found the kids mom and told her that he son kept punching kids in the face and she needed to come and get him. When she and I walked back into the play area, the little boy had another little girl pinned down and was punching her in the face ALSO. The little girls mom was pulling the little boy off of her and was telling him "NO!". When the little boy's mom saw it, she did not tell her kid no, she GOT ON THE THE LITTLE GIRLS MOM AND TOLD HER TO NOT "DISCIPLINE HER KID!!". I wanted to scream!! So the little boy's mom then says "Im sorry he hit your daughter and I will discipline him." She then tells her son that was a no no and took him to sit with her while she chatted away with her friend.

I walk out to get a refill on my drink and I hear her telling her son "you dont get to go play for a minute, but you can still have your ice cream". OMG!!! What is wrong with people. If that was my child, we would have been at home by that point, and for sure WE WOULD NOT BE GETTING ICE CREAM!! Wow.

So then we go back to playing and Corbin is in the top of the play gym and I hear him screaming, and a little boy comes running down and tells his mom he hit a baby. I know that it had to be MY baby because I heard him crying. The mom of the kid says "was it an accident or were you being mean?". The kid then says "I was being mean!". That mom took her kid and left after telling me that she was sorry. I was fine with that. I know that kids are mean and can do things that we wouldnt want them to do, but PLEASE take care of your kid. And when you are at a public play area, WATCH YOUR CHILD! It is really sad that people act like that.

Okay. I didnt mean to vent but I feel better. I know that people go their to have a play date and it is okay to not have your eyes on the kids the entire time, but every couple of minutes you should check on them. You don't want your kid to be that kid. I know I don't want Corbin to be!

Other than that it has been a quite day at our house. It is Wednesday, so we only have a couple days until we have daddy home for the weekend! YAH!

Blog out!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment