Sunday, December 27, 2009

A good day!

Today was such a great day, although I still find myself getting anxiety worrying about too much. I dont know why I do that, but sometimes I just get really down on myself, and I want to change our whole lives. Today I was thinking about where we could move and have a totally differently lifestyle. Why must I do that? I love our family and friends here. I think I just day dream, but i dont know. Anyways, let me tell you about our wonderful day. To start, we went to church. It was an excellent service! I love when I am able to understand areas of the bible a little more. Neither Clynt nor I grew up in Sunday school or anything, so even though I read my bible, sometimes it is really hard to comprehend things, unless our CARE group, church discusses specific stories in the bible, I have a hard time really understanding the details. I have been going to church on a regular basis for 6 years, so I have heard details about much of the bible in that many years, but there is always so much to learn. So, this morning started off great with a wonderful lesson about Jesus.

Then we came home and a friend that I hadnt seen in probably at least 8 years came by with her son and fiance. Her son is 2 months older than Corbin, and he is actually smaller than Corbin, which is a rarity these day :) He is a little cutie and Corbin had fun playing. He was walking around and Corbin got up and started walking. Today he has taken up to 10 or 15 steps on his own, so I would say that he only has a couple of days and that will be his primary form of mobility. Amanda (the friend of mine) and I played soccer together for a traveling team while we were growing up. She and I were excellent friends but then I quit soccer and a couple years later she moved to Austin, so we had lost touch until Corbin was born and she posted a congratulations and some tips on my FB page (considering she was only 2 months ahead of me in the this adventure of raising boys). They were much appreciated and we have been chatting on FB constantly since then! She too blogs, and got me into this wonderful activity. She also has really brought out my creative side and is the reason why I now have a D-SLR camera and am working on getting photoshop. She created Corbin's first birthday invitation, and I reference her all the time in my blogs. Anyways, I finally got to me her fiance and her son! I was SOOOO excited and I just LOVED them both! I have to say that I was nervous a little, since it had been so long, but Amanda was the same giggly person that I knew 8 years ago! It was such a blessing to see them today, and I hope to be able to make it to Austin for their wedding shower and wedding! I need to get her to send me pictures of us today so that I can post them to share :)

Then after they left, Corbin and I went to a friend of mine's son's birthday party. He and Corbin are practically the same age, so they always enjoy getting into trouble together. It is so cute. They went straight for the stairs and headed up together. I will also need to get pictures of this, because it was absolutely adorable. The party went well, but i had to leave a little early to head to yet another function today. Clynt was already upset because he wanted to meet for dinner for a couple of other couples for an early dinner/ late lunch and they were meeting at 3. But I didnt want to leave the birthday party that early, so i had to stay until after the presents at least, so that was at 3:30. I didnt really even want to leave then, but Corbin was starting to get rather fussy because he didnt get a very good nap today. So then I headed for Gringos with a few of our friends and by the time I got there, everyone had already gotten their food, but we still always enjoy the fellowship. Very good people, and always good conversation.

So today was a good day, lots of friends to enjoy, a good message, and a son who is so close to walking I can taste it! It was great. We are blessed. I dont have to work this week, so that is the even better news. WoooHooo! 1 more week of being full time with Corbin! I love it.

Well, we are playing with our new Wii and I really stink. My Wii age was 79 :( I hope I get better! I really stink at the bowling thing though. I am going to go try to beat Clynt and some stuff now, so i will talk to you all later!

Love you all!! Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment