Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

So I committed myself to Ten on Tuesday. It is basically ten random questions (stolen from Amanda's blog) and my answers to them. Enjoy!

1. When do you put up and take down your Christmas decorations?
Well, I would like tyo say the day after Thanksgiving but that is by no means the case. We love our real tree so we wait a little while so that it doesnt die prior to Christmas. So, we try to get everything done 2 weekends before Christmas. We tae things down around New Years. It has been a couple years since I decorated (Last year, Corbin was born on the 29th of December and the year before we were married on the 29th of December so we realy tried to not over due it so that wouldnt have to take everything down. So we will have to see how this year goes.

2. What do you do to simplify the holiday season?
I try to order most of the kids Christmas presents online, and they pretty much all get the same thing. This way I dont have to go to the store for 12 kids things, just 1 or 2. I also try to make lists... Many lists, who gets pictures, and what sizes, and who gets cards, and who and what time we see people. I try to stay in a routine! I dont know that any of that is simplifying, but it does make it less hectic!

3. What do you do to remind yourself and your family what the Christmas season is all about?
Church is the number 1 thing. We need to be there and see and hear a message about what the day is all about. Then we surround ourselves with family, and I think that we will bake a cake for Jesus's birthday. The season is all about his birth, so we need to remember to show love to everyone. I try my hardest to keep the word Christmas on all of our Christmas cards, and everything that we do in the season.


4. How do you spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
On Christmas Eve, my family comes over for to our house for dinner. We do all of our family gifts that night, and then on Christmas morning we go to my parent's house for gifts from Santa, although that will likely change soon, because Corbin will be getting gifts from Santa also and they will be under his tree! But then we spend Christmas afternoon with Clynt's dad and family. They have a cookie decorating contest and a dinner and a white elephant game. It is lots of fun. We are trying very hard to find a time that we can spend with Clynt's mom also. It looks like it might be the nearest Saturday to Christmas.

5. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
The stockings. I love opening our stocking and hopefully Corbin will too. Our stockings were always more than just candy, it was like a jackpot of a bunch of little Christmas gifts, I also LOVE breakfast on Christmas morning. My Aunt used to always make an egg cassarole and we are going to attempt it this year. This is a wonderful thing :) Im not sure what else is my favorite. I love dinner one Christmas Eve also.


6. Did you do the whole Santa thing growing up? What do you like/not like about continuing the
tradition?
Yes we did. I loved it. But I was talking to someone from a different country (I forget where, sorry) and she said that they did not have Santa, they had a baby Jesus that brought gifts, how cool is that.

Anyways, yes, we shall continue this with Corbin. This year it doesnt matter what the presents say, but next year, its on!


7. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
I love to make reese's cookie. Well chocolate cookies with reeses in the them. Yum. But I also just love plain old chocolote chip!


8. How do you take your egg nog?
Egg nog? Gross :(


9. What is your favorite Christmas carol and why?
Jingle Bells... Probably because that is the only one that comes to mind. I really like Noel, Noel, also. Is that the name???


10. When was the last time you had a white Christmas?
I dont even remember. When I was little we had it all the time, because we could go to Connecticut for Christmas but when we started doing it at home, that all ended. :( Sad.


Well I hope you enjoyed 10 on Tuesday, I will attempt to make this a tradition!

Blog out!~

No comments:

Post a Comment