Saturday, December 26, 2009

Understanding People

So yesterday was Christmas... We went to my parent's for breakfast and stockings, and then hung out with Michael while he opened his Santa presents and was so excited about each and every one of them. It was so cute! Then we came home and gave Corbin a nap, then we went to Tim and Charlye's for Christmas dinner and gifts and games there. It was very exciting. Rachel's boyfriend Matt won $80 by winning two of the games! Good for him, although we were all a wee bit jealous! Charlye always puts on a good show for Christmas and we appreciate it so so much.

Now for title of my blog, understanding people. I wish that we could all understand that everyone's needs and desires are different. Some people need to be acknowledged to feel loved, while others just know it. I wish that i was one of the latter but I seem to feel like people are mad at me all the time, because they dont take the time out of their day to say hi, or anything to me. I get my feelings hurt much to often, and I constantly feel like someone is mad at me, although I am sure that most of the time, they are not. However, on Christmas day, I really felt unloved by a certain person whom, i know loves me but that simply didnt make my family a priority on that. After just a few tears, we moved on and realized that that person does love us, but they just dont understand my needs. That is okay because everyone needs differently. But then there was another moment on Christmas Day that I just wished people would understand that everyones desires are not the same. People like things differently and that is TOTALLY okay because that is how God created us! But just because we are different doesnt mean that anyone needs to be ugly, but hey, it was a family function, and I guess that is just what happens! I just wished that everyone would remember that day was not about ANYONE other than Jesus! Yes we all got gifts and celebrated, which was awesome, but the day is only celebrated because it was Jesus's birthday! I know that there are many of families worse off than our so I am not complaining, I am just saying what is on my conscious, because I think about things constanstly and I worry so often about people being upset. That is me, I want for everyone to be happy all the time, and it gets the worst of me sometimes because I stress and I cry often or I just crab up because I worry.

Okay, I know usually I dont get into things like this on my blog, but today I felt the need to because I have a lot on my mind and I feel like the people reading my blog care :)

Well, moving on.. Today Clynt and I went and saw Clynt's mom and Steve. It was a nice visit and Clynt and I got to ride the horses, which was nice. Corbin is trying more and more every day to put a few more steps together. He is way too cute for his own good. We came home and Clynt has been trying to put together the new surround sound system that my parents gave us. He isnt having much fun with it... We also got a Wii yesterday from Tim and Charlye, I am kind of excited about it and I am excited about getting a Wii Fit to play on. I am really going to try to loose another 10 pounds or so. I have lost the 60 pounds I gained while pregnant, but I dont feel like all my clothes fit the same in the waist, so I am going to to try to loose a little more in the next couple of months. This is a goal!

Well, I guess that is enough for now. Sorry that I dont have any pictures in the post, I have not uploaded the ones from Christmas yet. I will though, have no fear.

Thanks for reading! Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment