Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2nd Anniversary and 1st Birthday

Today is also a good day. Corbin is officially 1! Wow, this year just flew by and I dont believe how big (or un-big) Corbin has gotten. I dont believe how much you can love someone after only 1 year. It is amazing! Well and it is also Clynt and I's anniversary. We spent our first anniversary in the hospital having corbin and our second is now going to be spent with family and Corbin. Its okay, it is such a special day! I am going to make fajitas for dinner and some of our family is joining us. It will be nice. Then tomorrow Clynt and I are going to Nelore Churrascaria for dinner. It is a Brazilian Steakhouse, and I am excited. I LOVE Brazilian food. It is wonderful!

So this morning, Corbin and I went to the recycling center. It is amazing how much stuff was recyclable from Christmas. Paper and Cardboard boxes are the main culprit, but man, it was a TON of stuff that would otherwise go to the landfill. I ams o glad that my family can be supportive of our desire to go green. Well, at least most of them.. The way I see it, is that we are preserving the environment for Corbin and his kiddos. 1- the stuff is not going to a landfill and creating more and more need for more and more landfills (You know we only have so much space on this earth!?), and 2- when you recycle, the is less and less need to use new commodities and precious metals and trees and such. This way, the earth can stay full of trees and we dont eventually run out of things that we consider a necessity. This is critical and I know that some people dont see it the way that we do, but oh well. Anyways, we went to Kroger and bought some stuff for dinner tonight, and a cake for Corbin to have. Corbin loves the grocery store and getting to ride around in the buggy. Then we went to lunch with Clynt and Rachel. It is was rather tasty. Go Los Cucos!

Clynt stayed up ALL night last night. And when i say all night, I mean ALL night. I woke up at about 5:45 and he was not in bed so I thought maybe he fell asleep in the living room and when I go out there, he was just finishing up on the surround sound. He had worked all night to wire the speakers to the other side of the room. If you know clynt at all, you know that he is rather anal and does not want for wires to show, so he must do the best job possible. It looks and sounds awesome. He is amazing! I love that man!

Corbin refusing to drink his milk out of a sippy cup. He uses the straw cups, and does great with water, but he refuses to use them for milk. He only wants his milk out of a bottle. Do any of you have any suggestions on this? I dont know what do and i dont want him to starve, and he is very small and needs his milk, so I am not going to just hold out. Just thought I would throw that in and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Well, I am going to run and get things ready for dinner.. I hope you all are having a fabulous week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment